2021 Junior Fair Board
Junior Fair Coordinator Position
Position Title: Logan County Junior Fair Coordinator
Time Required: Approx 10 hours per week from January to July (not including the fair); full-time Team commitment during fair.
Payment: This position is granted an annual stipend of $1,800.
- Serve as the main coordinator of the Junior Fair Departments and work with the county OSU Extension office/ Sr. & Jr. Fairboards/ Fair office/ Livestock Committees and FFA professionals to coordinate the Junior Fair.
- Assist in coordinating with the Logan County Junior Fair Board.
- Communicate with 4-H & FFA members, their parents, and other volunteers regarding the Logan County Junior Fair Program.
- Assist with conducting Junior Fair Livestock activities during the Logan County Fair, Quality Assurance, Clinics, Tagging, and other opportunities.
- Provide adult leadership and support 4-H & FFA professionals, Sr. Fair Board and Volunteers in conducting meaningful educational experiences to help youth grow and learn
The full Job Description, Hiring/Termination Process, and Application can be found here. The application is due February 26, 2021.
Who is the Junior Fair Board?
The Logan County Junior Fair Board is a youth organization whose purpose is to encourage work in the county through year-round activities and to promote participation at the Logan County Fair.
What do they do?
Logan County Junior Fair Board roles and responsibilities:
- Attend monthly meetings on the 3rd Monday of every month.
- Work 24 hours before fair to prep for the Logan County Fair.
- Work the Junior Fair Office during the week of the Logan County Fair.
- Work with Livestock Committees and Senior Fair Board to conduct department activities, shows, weigh-ins, tagging, and more.
- Plan, setup, and work annual fundraisers to offset Junior Fair expenses or improvement projects as decided upon by the Junior Fair Board.
- Assist with county-wide Quality Assurance trainings by helping register, coordinating stations, and other duties.
Meetings will be typically held at 7:00pm the Logan County OSU Extension Office (1100 S. Detroit St. Bellefontaine):
|2020 - 2021 Junior Fair Board|
|October 19th||November 16th||December 21st||January 18th|
|February 15th||March 15th||April 19th||May 17th|
|June 21st||2021 Logan County Fair - July 11th - 17th|
|July 19th||August 16th||No Sept Meeting||Apply by Oct|
Please fill out the application below and turn into the Extension Office by September 14th
2021 Junior Fair Board Contract
(due first meeting in October)
2021 Junior Fair Board Members