4-H CARTEENS is a traffic safety program conducted by 4-H teen leaders and their program partners for juvenile traffic offenders. 4-H CARTEENS goals include:
- reducing the number of repeat juvenile traffic offenders,
- decreasing the number of teen traffic offenders, and
- increasing teen awareness of traffic/vehicular safety.
4-H CARTEENS Background
Ohio State University faculty and staff located in county Extension offices recruit and engage adult volunteers and teen leaders who provide leadership to educational programs for youth in local communities. Over the years, county needs assessments conducted by OSU Extension have repeatedly identified teen vehicular safety as a priority need in Ohio’s communities.
The 4-H CARTEENS vehicular safety initiative was developed in response to this need. The original CARTEENS Program began in Brown County, Ohio in 1987. The local 4-H educator, volunteer teen leaders, the juvenile probate court, and the Ohio Highway Patrol all collaborated to develop the program. Since 1987, the 4-H CARTEENS program has expanded throughout Ohio and to several other states across the nation.
For more information about 4-H CARTEENS, visit www.ohio4h.org/4-h-youth/teens/carteens.
Logan County 4-H CARTEENS
This program for first-time traffic offenders is a cooperative effort between the Logan County Juvenile Court and the Logan County OSU Extension Office.
CARTEENS Class Schedule
*Typically the 4th Monday of the month.
|July 26, 2021||August 23, 2021||September 27, 2021|
|October 25, 2021||November 22, 2021||December 27, 2021|
|January 24, 2022||February 28, 2022||March 28, 2022|
|April 25, 2022||May 30, 2022||June 27, 2022|
- The program starts at 5:00 pm and ends at 7:00 pm, you must attend the full 2 hours to receive credit.
- The program fee is $20.00, payable in cash or check the night you attend CARTEENs. If you fail to pay you will have to attend a different class.
- A parent or guardian must attend the class with you. If they do not attend, you will have to attend a different class.
- The program is held at the Logan County OSU Extension Office (1100, S. Detriot St. Bellefontaine, OH 43311).
- You DO NOT need to register for a class ahead of arriving.