2020 Logan County Junior Fair Entires
PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE PAGE
For the 2020 Logan County Fair, we are piloting our online fair entry system called FairEntry. We ask that you enter your fair entries via FairEntry utilizing the tools we have provided and contacting Justin before you jump to paper entires.
Again, our preferences are:
- Use FairEntry and use the resources and training provided at the below link
- Contact Justin if you are having issues
- Use the paper entry forms at the below link
2020 Entry Deadlines
Junior Fair entries are due on or by:
|2nd Saturday of December||Market Heifers, Market Steer (T-Bone & Dairy)|
Swine, Market Lambs, Goats, Poultry, Rabbits, & Beef Breeding
|May 1||Agricultural, Grain, Vegetables, & Small Animal Care|
|2nd Saturday of May||Dairy Feeder & Beef Feeder|
|June 1||Breeding Sheep, Dairy Cattle, Horses & Ponies|
|June 1||Junior Fair Booths|
CHANGES FOR 2020 ONLY
- All livestock who have been tagged in the past will receive them at Check-in/Weigh-in at the Logan County Fair.
- All livestock have the option to submit a photo ID. Market livestock are required to submit a side and front profile photo ID (excluding poultry and rabbits).
- Please fill out the number of pens you need on at least one of your entries per species.
Dairy/ Beef Feeders
- To help mitigate the effects the coronavirus is having on holding in-person programming, Logan County Junior Fair feeders will not be weighed and tagged on May 9.
- Feeders must submit entries online or in paper by May 9.
- A side profile and front profile photo ID must accompany the entry.
- Feeders must receive a 7-Way Clostridial and Inforce 3 vaccine before the Logan County Fair and present a receipt or note from a vet.
- Northside Animal Clinic may assist with this. 937-593-6951
- Families may get the vaccine from a vet and administer themselves or have a farm call.
- Feeders must be properly castrated AND healed before the Logan County Fair. Any animal not castrated and healed may be dismissed from the fairgrounds.
- All entries must have an RFID.
- We encourage you to put in your registration number and upload your registration papers.
- All entries must have an ear tag, tattoo, or photo ID.
- We encourage you to attach a copy of your registration papers.
- All entries must have an Earnotch ID listed.
- A side profile and front profile photo ID must accompany all Market Swine entries.
- You must have a Horse ID form (for each horse you are bringing) attached to one of your entries.
- You must have a Permission to Participate form attached to one of your entries.
- All Sheep entries must have a Scrapie Tag ID.
- A side profile and front profile photo ID must accompany Market Lamb entries.
- All Goat entries must have a Scrapie Tag ID.
- A side profile and front profile photo ID must accompany Market Goat entries.
- We encourage all Breeding Goats to attach a copy of your registration papers.
- Pullorum testing is not mandatory for Ohio born poultry. Out-of-state poultry that do not have a VS form 9-3 must be pullorum tested.
- An animal ID is required when entering in FairEntry. You must put down the name of your animal(s).
- For Market Poultry please just assign a "name" for your animal and we will assign it a number at check-in/weigh-in.
- Breeding Rabbits must have a tattoo listed and it must be in their left ear only.
- Market Rabbits please just put "000" for your animal and we will assign it a number at check-in/weigh-in.
*All other rules remain the same from previous years and may be found on the Logan County Fair Guide at https://locofair.org