Information for Beef Projects
Includes Dairy Feeders. Dairy Feeders will complete a Beef 4-H Project Book.
4-H Beef Project (117) Resources
- For 4-H members who wish to use their project book for multiple years.
Beef Skillathon & Livestock Evaluation
Learning Lab Kits
Logan County Junior Fair Resources
- Due the 2nd Saturday of December at Tagging - Market Beef (Beef Steers, Market Heifers, and Dairy Steers)
- Due May 1st - Beef Breeding
- Due the 2nd Saturday of May - Dairy Feeders & Beef Feeders
- December 1st - Market Beef (Beef Steers, Market Heifers, and Dairy Steers)
- May 1st - Dairy Feeders, Beef Feeders, and Beef Breeding
Tagging & Vaccination
- 2nd Saturday of December, 8:30am - 10:00am @ Logan County Fairgrounds - Market Beef (Beef Steers, Market Heifers, and Dairy Steers)
- 2nd Saturday of May, 8:30am - 10:00am @ Logan County Fairgrounds - Dairy Feeders & Beef Feeders
- Beef Steers, Market Heifers, & Beef Feeders will weigh from 3:00pm to 4:00pm the day before the Logan County Fair
- Beef Steers & Market Heifers: 1000 pound minumum
- Beef Feeders: 300 - 650 pounds
- Dairy Steers will weigh from 4:00pm to 5:00pm the day before the Logan County Fair
- Beef Steers" 1000 pound minimum
- Dairy Feeders will weigh from 5:00pm to 6:00pm the day before the Logan County Fair
- Dairy Feeders: 400 - 600 pounds
- *If you miss your scheduled weigh-in time you will weigh from 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
- All Logan County Junior Fair Exhibitors must attend a Quality Assurance by May 1st
- You will receive your DUNF forms to be filled out at 4-H Livestock Evaluation. They are due at weigh-in at the Logan County Fair. All Market Beef (Beef Steers, Market Heifers, & Dairy Steers) and Dairy Feeders must have one form per animal. Beef Breeding and Beef Feeders do not need a DUNF form.
More detailed information can be found in the Logan County Fair Book
Helpful Resources and Links
Learning Activity Ideas (use at 4-H Clubs or at home) - ohio4h.org/learningactivities
Logan County Fair - logancountyfair.org
Logan County Cattlemen's Association -
Ohio Cattlemen's Association - ohiocattle.org
- Includes the BEST (Beef Exhibitior Show Total) program and shows
Ohio Beef Expo (annually in March) - ohiobeefexpo.com