Information for Goat Projects
4-H Goat Project (135) Resources
- For 4-H members who wish to use their project book for multiple years.
Goat Skillathon & Livestock Evaluation
Learning Lab Kits
Logan County Junior Fair Resources
- May 1st
- May 1st
- All goats must have a valid Scrapie ID in the form of matching ear tattoo with registration papers.
- All Market Goats must have proper Fair Tags by May 1st.
- Market Goats will weigh from 5:00pm to 6:00pm the day before the Logan County Fair
- Market Goat: 50 - 110 pounds
- *If you miss the scheduled weigh-in time you will weigh from 7:00pm to 7:30pm.
- All Logan County Junior Fair Exhibitors must attend a Quality Assurance by May 1st
- You will receive your DUNF forms to be filled out at 4-H Livestock Evaluation. They are due at weigh-in at the Logan County Fair. All Market Goats and Lactating Dairy Goats must have one form per animal.
More detailed information can be found in the Logan County Fair Book
Helpful Resources and Links
Learning Activity Ideas (use at 4-H Clubs or at home) - ohio4h.org/learningactivities
Logan County Fair - logancountyfair.org
Logan County Goat Association -
Ohio Dairy Goat Association - odga.org
Ohio Pygmy Association - ohiopygmygoat.com
National Goat Handbook - outlands.tripod.com/farm/national_goat_handbook.pdf