Information for Poultry Projects
4-H Poultry Project (150) Resources
- For 4-H members who wish to use their project book for multiple years.
Poultry Skillathon & Livestock Evaluation
Learning Lab Kits
Logan County Junior Fair Resources
- May 1st
- May 1st
Number of Animals
- Exhibitor may enter up to 4 entires in Americal Class Large Fowl, Asiatic Large Fowl, English Large Fowl, and All Other Variety Large Fowl.
- Exhibtior may bring 4 birds for a Meat Pen. The fourth bird may stay for the length of thr Fair as an option.
- Exhibitor may enter up to 4 birds per class in Bantam Poultry and Pigeons.
- Exhibitor may enter up to 4 total Ducks and up to 2 total Geese.
- Exhibitor may enter 1 entry of pullets and hens in Production Pair.
- Exhibitor may enter one tom and one hen for Turkeys and show both.
Tagging & Vaccination
- All poultry will be checked in from 9:00am to 2:00pm the day before the Logan County Fair.
- Pullorum testing is mandatory for Ohio born poultry for 2021. Out-of-state poultry that do not have a VS form 9-3 must be pullorum tested.
- Poultry Meat Pens and Roasters will weigh from 3:00pm to 4:00pm the day before the Logan County Fair.
- Meat Pens & Roasters: 5 pounds to 7 pounds (this is for each individual bird), no more than 21 pounds for all three birds.
- Market Turkeys will weigh from 4:00pm to 5:00pm the day before the Logan County Fair.
- Market Turkey Hens: 15 - 40 pounds
- Market Turkey Toms: 20 - 50 pounds
- All Logan County Junior Fair Exhibitors must attend a Quality Assurance by May 1st
- You will receive your DUNF forms to be filled out at 4-H Livestock Evaluation. They are due at weigh-in at the Logan County Fair. All Market Poultry (Meat Pens, Roasters & Market Turkeys) must have one form per entry (all birds in a Meat Pen can be on one form). Breeding/Show Poultry & Pigeons do not need a DUNF form.
More detailed information can be found in the Logan County Fair Book
Helpful Resources and Links
Learning Activity Ideas (use at 4-H Clubs or at home) - ohio4h.org/learningactivities
Logan County Fair - logancountyfair.org
American Bantam Association - bantamclub.com
American Poultry Association - ampltya.com
International Waterfowl Breeders Association - iwba.org
Ohio National Poultry Show - ohionational.org
Poultry Press Newspaper - poultrypress.com