Quality Assurance & Drug Use Notification Forms
Logan County Quality Assurance Program
Chapter 901-19-07 of the Ohio Administrative Code is a mandatory rule that requires all exhibitors to complete a quality assurance program prior to exhibiting terminal or partial terminal livestock in a junior livestock show. The program is conducted cooperatively by the Exhibition Sponsor, OSU Extension, Ohio Agricultural Education, or Agricultural Commodity Organizations.
All Logan County Junior Fair Livestock Exhibitors must attend an approved Quality Assurance program, regardless of livestock species by May 24th.
Here is a handout that goes over QA in Logan County.
We have recorded youth's completion of Quality Assurance in their 4-H Online profile but here is a list for volunteers and families to check (test-outs are recorded as well). We will try to update periodically.
OPTION 1: IN-PERSON
OSU Extension offers 3 in-person Quality Assurance Programs for 2023. They will be at varying high schools around Logan County, run about an hour and half, with no registration ahead needed.
|Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Indian Lake High School,
|Thursday, March 9, 2023
Benjamin Logan High School,
Saturday, April 29, 2023
OPTION 2: QA Test-Out
Youth who are 12-14 years old and 15-18 years old (as of January 1, 4-H age) may attempt the QA test-out option. Here are some test-out rules:
- You can register for the test out options time by going to this link: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0e1UYl115N6L3Qa
- Youth only get one attempt to pass the test. If they fail, they will need to complete QA some other way by May 24th.
- The test is 50 questions. Youth need to get a 70% (35/50) or higher to pass.
OPTION 3: Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA Online Certification Program)
Youth who intend to show their project animal(s) at an exhibition (e.g., county or state fair) have the option to complete an online YQCA session. For the training to meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA requirement for the project year:
- All Logan County Livestock Exhibitors may use this option for 2023 ONLY.
- The on-line module completed MUST be for the correct 4-H age for the youth.
- The online session must be completed by May 24th.
- Youth must complete the on-line session within the QA calendar year (October 1, 2022 – September 31, 2023).
- You MUST send the certificate to the Logan County Extension Office. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other online courses do not meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA certification requirements (ie. BQA, PQA, etc).
- Youth can go to the following website to take the age-appropriate on-line module for $12:
- The YQCA test-outs are NOT an option at this time.
Drug Use Notification Forms (DUNF)
According to Ohio Revised, Code 901-19-06 Drug Use Notification Form must be completed by all market and lactating livestock that are exhibited at the Logan County Fair.
DUNFs are required for:
- Market: Beef Steer, Market Heifer, Dairy Steer, Hogs, Market Goats, Market Lambs, Poultry (by pen)
- Lactating: Dairy Cattle, Dairy Goats
Rabbits and Dairy Feeders DO NOT need to have a DUNF
No person shall submit an incomplete, illegible or unsigned DUNF
If the DUNF is incomplete, the exhibitor shall correct/complete the form prior to :
- Receiving any prizes or awards for that exhibit; or
- Participating in the show or sale for the DUNF was completed.
- Logan County's Fair 2 digit fair code is "17"
More information about DUNForms will be coming out in the coming months.