Quality Assurance & Drug Use Notification Forms
Logan County Quality Assurance Program
Chapter 901-19-07 of the Ohio Administrative Code is a mandatory rule that requires all exhibitors to complete a quality assurance program prior to exhibiting terminal or partial terminal livestock in a junior livestock show. The program is conducted cooperatively by the Exhibition Sponsor, OSU Extension, Ohio Agricultural Education, or Agricultural Commodity Organizations.
All Logan County Junior Fair Livestock Exhibitors must attend an approved Quality Assurance program, regardless of livestock species by May 1st.
If it is an exhibitor’s first year, regardless of age, a parent or guardian is required to attend an in-person Quality Assurance Program.
Here is a handout that goes over QA in Logan County.
We have recorded youth's completion of Quality Assurance in their 4-H Online profile but here is a list for volunteers and families to check (test-outs are recorded as well). Below it is a list of youth who still need to complete QA for this year. We will try to update after each QA program.
OPTION 1: Youth Quality Assurance via ZOOM
We have been granted permission to teach QA via ZOOM for free. Please click on the button “Register for a ZOOM QA” to register. Sign up soon, as there are limited spots in each of the training sessions. If a class is full it will not appear as an option. Be sure to login 15 minutes prior to the ZOOM training. You will receive an email as soon as your registration is complete.
|Wed, Feb 17, 5-6pm||Tue, Mar 23, 7-8pm||Mon, Apr 12, 6-7pm|
|Wed Apr 21, 7-8pm|
OPTION 2: IN-PERSON
Logan County is planning on having an in-person Quality Assurance program on Saturday, April 24, 8:00am to 10:00am. Pre-registration is required as we are only allowed 50 people to participate, at this time, We will only be registering for 40. Please register by Mon, Apr 12 at the below link. Once 40 registrants are signed up the registration will close.
OPTION 3: QA Test-Out
Youth who are 12-14 years old and 15-18 years old (as of January 1, 4-H age) may attempt the QA test-out option. Here are some test-out rules:
- You can schedule a time with Justin at the Extension Office (Mon-Fri, 8:30-4:30) based on his availability to try and test-out. Please call the office to schedule, 937-599-4227.
- Youth only get one attempt to pass the test. If they fail, they will need to complete QA some other way by May 1st.
- The test is 50 questions. Youth need to get a 70% (35/50) or higher to pass.
OPTION 4: Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA Online Certification Program)
Youth who intend to show their project animal(s) at an exhibition (e.g., county or state fair) have the option to complete an online YQCA session. For the training to meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA requirement for the project year:
- All Logan County Livestock Exhibitors may use this option for 2021 ONLY.
- The on-line module completed MUST be for the correct 4-H age for the youth.
- The online session must be completed by May 1.
- Youth must complete the on-line session within the QA calendar year (October 1, 2020 – September 31, 2021).
- You MUST send the certificate to the Logan County Extension Office. Send to email@example.com.
- All other online courses do not meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA certification requirements (ie. BQA, PQA, etc).
- Youth can go to the following website to take the age-appropriate on-line module for $12:
- Youth will need their 4HOnline login and password or they can create their own login and password. Youth MUST register using 4HOnline for their results to automatically show up in 4HOnline. (Please see the April Discount below)
- The YQCA test-outs are NOT an option at this time.
2021 Ohio State Fair Pork Quality Assurance (PQA)
Youth entering a market swine project at the 2021 Ohio State Fair will be required to have a parent/guardian PQA certified in order to meet packer requirements.
PQA certification number will be required for online entry (deadline of June 20th)
- Certification numbers will be verified, falsified numbers will result in a penalty.
- Once notified of the invalid number, exhibitors will have 5 days to provide the correct PQA certification number.
- If the correct PQA certification number is not provided within 5 days, the exhibitor will be disqualified from the exhibition.
Youth MUST be certified in Ohio Youth QA 45 days prior to an exhibition in order to be eligible to show.
There are several options for parents/guardians to be PQA certified:
- Adults can attend an in-person PQA session
- Adults can sign-up for the PQA online certification
- Requests can be sent to Elizabeth Share (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The adult PQA certification is good for 3 years.
- If a parent/guardian has several youth in the family, the same PQA number will count for all of the youth.
- For a list of approved PQA instructors, contact:
Extension Specialist, Livestock/Food Animal Program
Drug Use Notification Forms (DUNF)
According to Ohio Revised, Code 901-19-06 Drug Use Notification Form must be completed by all market and lactating livestock that are exhibited at the Logan County Fair.
DUNFs are required for:
- Market: Beef Steer, Market Heifer, Dairy Steer, Hogs, Market Goats, Market Lambs, Poultry (by pen)
- Lactating: Dairy Cattle, Dairy Goats
Rabbits and Dairy Feeders DO NOT need to have a DUNF
No person shall submit an incomplete, illegible or unsigned DUNF
If the DUNF is incomplete, the exhibitor shall correct/complete the form prior to :
- Receiving any prizes or awards for that exhibit; or
- Participating in the show or sale for the DUNF was completed.
- Logan County's Fair 2 digit fair code is "17"
More information about DUNForms will be coming out in the coming months.