Quality Assurance & Drug Use Notification Forms
Logan County Quality Assurance Program (In-Person)
Chapter 901-19-07 of the Ohio Administrative Code is a mandatory rule that requires all exhibitors to complete a quality assurance program prior to exhibiting terminal or partial terminal livestock in a junior livestock show. The program is conducted cooperatively by the Exhibition Sponsor, OSU Extension, Ohio Agricultural Education, or Agricultural Commodity Organizations.
All Logan County Junior Fair Livestock Exhibitors must attend an approved Quality Assurance program, regardless of livestock species by
May 1st. Extended to June 15. If it is an exhibitor’s first year, regardless of age, a parent or guardian is required to attend an in-person Quality Assurance Program. This has been waved for 2020 ONLY.
Wednesday, February 19th, 2020
Riverside High School
Program Time: 4:00pm-6:00pm
Testing Out: 6:00pm-7:00pm
|*The Extension Office will administer testing out options by appointment only during business hours in March & April.
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA Online Certification Program)
Youth who intend to show their project animal(s) at an exhibition (e.g., county or state fair) have the option to complete an online YQCA session. For the training to meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA requirement for the project year:
Youth MUST be 12 years or older as of January 1st of the current year (4-H age).All Logan County Livestock Exhibitors may use this option for 2020 ONLY.
- The on-line module completed MUST be for the correct 4-H age for the youth.
- The online session must be completed by June 15.
- Youth must complete the on-line session within the QA calendar year (October 1, 2019 – September 31, 2020).
- All other online courses do not meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA certification requirements (ie. BQA, PQA, BEST, etc).
- Youth can go to the following website to take the age-appropriate on-line module for $12:
- Youth will need their 4HOnline login and password or they can create their own login and password. Youth MUST register using 4HOnline for their results to automatically show up in 4HOnline. (Please see the April Discount below)
- The YQCA test-outs are NOT an option at this time.
YQCA APRIL DISCOUNT INFO
In light of the recent COVID-19 pandemic, the YQCA Board is announcing a 25% flash sale on the web-based certification. Here is how to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Only offered during the month of April (April 1 – April 30), YQCA will be offering a 25% discount on web-based trainings, making them $9.
- Those wishing to take part in the flash sale will need to purchase $9 web-based training coupons from YQCA. Coupon order forms are below or may be obtained by emailing email@example.com. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO RECEIVE THE DISCOUNTED PRICE.
- Once the order form and proof of payment is received, coupons will be issued and returned to the purchaser within 3-5 business days.
- Coupons MUST be put towards a web-based training in the month of April.
- Youth who have already paid for a YQCA instructor-led training (on a date that has not yet passed), may log into their account and cancel their registration.
- If payment was received via credit card, their payment will be refunded.
- If payment was received via coupon code, that coupon code will be active again. This coupon code does not expire and would be able to be used in future years.
- To cancel a registered training
- Go to https://yqca.learngrow.io and login to the account
- Select the course - you will have an option to "Cancel Registration”. This will cancel the training and refund the payment/re-activate the coupon code.
We recognize those who have typically utilized the instructor-led training option may be unfamiliar with what users receive with their registration fee. We have identified those items below and ask that they be shared with instructors who are pointing their youth towards the web-based training.
- Each session purchased includes three modules – a knowledge builder, a skills lab, and a quiz.
- The knowledge builder is where content is delivered, the skills lab provides an opportunity to apply the content, and the quiz tests knowledge. To receive certification, 80% must be achieved on the 10-question quiz.
- These modules, completed in their entirety, will provide 2-3 hours of experience for users.
- Features of the online modules include:
- Characters at each age level to guide youth through the course
- Free navigation within the course so youth can spend as much or as little time on a particular topic based upon their personal needs
- Variety of learning opportunities to accommodate various learning styles and modalities
- Audio button on each slide so youth can listen to audio rather than read the on-screen text
- Users may revisit modules anytime during their year of certification to repeat the modules purchased for additional learning opportunities.
If you have any questions about the items above or requests for YQCA, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Ohio State Fair Pork Quality Assurance (PQA) Requirement
Youth entering a market swine project at the 2020 Ohio State Fair will be required to have a parent/guardian PQA certified in order to meet packer requirements.
PQA certification number will be required for online entry (deadline of June 20th)
- Certification numbers will be verified, falsified numbers will result in a penalty.
- Once notified of the invalid number, exhibitors will have 5 days to provide the correct PQA certification number.
- If the correct PQA certification number is not provided within 5 days, the exhibitor will be disqualified from the exhibition.
Youth MUST be certified in Ohio Youth QA 45 days prior to an exhibition in order to be eligible to show.
There are several options for parents/guardians to be PQA certified:
- Adults can attend an in-person PQA session (all OSU Extension in-person programs are suspended till May 15)
- Adults can sign-up for the PQA online certification
- Requests can be sent to Elizabeth Share (email@example.com)
- The adult PQA certification is good for 3 years.
- If a parent/guardian has several youth in the family, the same PQA number will count for all of the youth.
- For a list of approved PQA instructors, contact:
Extension Specialist, Livestock/Food Animal Program
Drug Use Notification Forms (DUNF)
According to Ohio Revised, Code 901-19-06 Drug Use Notification Form must be completed by all market and lactating livestock that are exhibited at the Logan County Fair.
DUNFs are required for:
- Market: Beef Steer, Market Heifer, Dairy Steer, Hogs, Market Goats, Market Lambs, Poultry (by pen)
- Lactating: Dairy Cattle, Dairy Goats
Rabbits and Dairy Feeders DO NOT need to have a DUNF
No person shall submit an incomplete, illegible or unsigned DUNF
If the DUNF is incomplete, the exhibitor shall correct/complete the form prior to :
- Receiving any prizes or awards for that exhibit; or
- Participating in the show or sale for the DUNF was completed.
The youth will receive these forms at Livestock Evaluation in June.
Logan County's Fair 2 digit fair code is "17".