4-H Project Judging Booklet
Please read this booklet carefully as things do change from year to year.
Judging interviews allow 4-H members to present their completed project & share knowledge gained through project work. Many alumni credit 4-H for helping them build valuable interview skills! The What to Exhibit’s on our website contains project guidelines & judging requirements. Information regarding posters, cost analysis, etc. is useful in preparing for judging. Please be sure to look at the general guidelines for the topic area as well as the project specific guidelines. Grade may be lowered if the guidelines are not followed. If you have questions, please call your advisor or OSU Extension at 937-599-4227.
4-H members must have completed project work to exhibit in Junior Fair.
The following is the deadline for both online and paper copy Junior Fair livestock entries. If you have questions or need help completing the online registration, please contact your Advisor or the Senior Fair Office. This is not the same as your project enrollment in 4-H. Both need completed for livestock projects showing at the Logan County Fair.
- 2nd Saturday of December - Market Heifers, Market Steer (T-Bone & Dairy)
- May 1 - Swine, Market Lambs, Goats, Poultry, Rabbits, & Beef Breeding
- 2nd Saturday of May - Dairy Feeder & Beef Feeder
- June 3 - Breeding Sheep, Dairy Cattle, Horses & Ponies
All 4-H projects are completed with an evaluation interview.
- We want all 4-Hers to have a positive experience with the evaluation portion of their project. Please contact the Extension office by June 28th to make arrangements for members with special needs so reasonable accommodations can be made.
- Please notify the Extension Office if you are not planning to participate in the scheduled county judging so the appropriate number of judges may be secured. If your child is scheduled for an individual appointment and is unable to attend, call us at 937-599-4227.
If your child is unable to attend his/her scheduled judging, two alternative options are available to complete a project. These options do not qualify youth for State Fair.
- Option 1: Attend Make-up Judging on June 18th for non-livestock projects 12:00pm-5:00pm at the OSU Extension Office.
- Option 2: Their 4-H Advisor may judge the project or make arrangements for a qualified person to judge for them. All advisor project grades must be submitted by August 15th to the Logan County Extension office.